In this assignment you will finalize your project idea. This is a 2-part assignment: you will post your project proposal to the blog, and you will pitch your idea in class.
Project pitch (5 minutes in class)
You will have five minutes to pitch your idea to the class. You can use any format you want (slides, skit, poster, video, etc.). Your goal is to convince the class that your project is a good idea. Since you only have 5 minutes, you have to succinctly explain the vision, problem or opportunity your project fulfills (or how your project fits within our class theme of heat); who might use your project; where it might be used; and why it’s a good idea.
In addition to the pitch, write a more detailed project proposal for the class blog. At the very least, include the following:
- motivation (similar to the pitch, describe what problem, research question, or opportunity your project addresses)
- related work (do a quick search to see if other projects have tried to address a similar topic; find 2-3 similar projects)
- your idea (what you plan to build, who will use it, where it will be used, and why it’s different from existing work)
- implementation (how you plan to implement your idea)
- parts list (a tentative list of components you might use for this project)
Post your project proposal on the class blog under the “project proposal” category.
The proposal posted on the blog is worth 4 points and counts towards your final project grade
1 point for describing your project motivation
1 point for describing related work
1 point for describing your project idea
1 point for adding your parts to this list and descriving implementation details in your proposal
The in-class pitch is worth 2 points and counts towards your final project grade
2 points for clearly presenting your idea in class