Here’s what I’ve been up to.
- Researching can-openers
- Cutting cans – lots of them
- Flattening the sheets or trying to. The ten inch can needed more work. I will need to extend the tin panels further by at least five inches on one side to make use of angular sunlight.
4. This is what my collection looks like now
5. An unanticipated problem – the broken umbrella is not broken enough. The metal rod is at the focal point and needs to be removed. This is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated and I gave up trying. The new plan – make a sheet of reflective metal from soda cans and duct tape and cut it in the shape of an umbrella.
6. The plan for the third cooker had to be changed as well. Instead of a trough like cooker I will now make one out of a shallow cardboard box and mirrors.